CSS tutorials

I got some ink today


Sin título 0
Originally uploaded by retroattack.
Chandler Poling contacted me on flickr to ask me to add a photo to a group he created called Life is Dynamite, which is also a blog he hosts. Both plumb the uncomfortable depths of our (and his) too-tight-jeans, braces-bedecked, rail-against-authority youth.

Various images from the flickr group are culled into posts. His writing is apropos while still being gentle with those things we might like to forget. Two such items of mine made it into one of his posts:
His treatment of the subject matter is far more kind than I am in my own mind. I wouldn't have put old photos of myself up were it not for another group one of my contacts asked me to join: Vintage Photos...of YOU!

Why do we put these things out there? I suppose some do it for vainglory. I don't know why I do it; I still feel itchy about seeing the images. I don't take them down because they took so much effort to scan and upload, and I want to be true to my initial instincts.

For that matter, what's this blog about? It feels good to write it. I don't necessarily think that my words are that important, despite the show of upper-level grammar. In fact, I hope people don't read it most of the time, esp. looking back on some of the things I say.

Art for art's sake, I guess. But at the very least, Poling's blog reminds us that life is in fact -
Dyne-o-mite!
(despite or because of its quirks is in the eye of the beholder)

No comments: