CSS tutorials

RE:ThinkGeek

I feel a little like our hairy friend pictured in this post: pretty silly and exposed. I wrote a post about how much I thought ThinkGeek.com sucked. Having been in retail, I should have known that we all have our bad days and sometimes a service rep is just burnt-out. I've unloaded with both barrels on a customer before (but to be fair, it was a "convenience" store and Chicagoans can be intense).

But, to make things more public, I went and tweeted about it and posted on Facebook. Luckily, though, this caught the attention of the Twitter-maven at ThinkGeek. I and my girlfriend (now publicly known as KellyFireangel) were instantly assured that the matter was being looked into.

And, I thought that that's as far as it would go - but they actually got back to Kelly fairly quickly (several days ago; apologies to ThinkGeek). She was also given a substantial credit for her troubles. But the main thing is, I love drooling over their toys. Boycotting them would have been a real bummer.

It's also nice to believe that business doesn't have to be like it has been in the past (80's & on that is), that hipsters can make a difference in very basic ways. What I'm really trying to say is, I'm sorry for the invective and hyperbole, ThinkGeek. I was a little raw from Xmas and honestly never expected them to make good on the gaffe.

I'm happy to say that I was wrong. ThinkGeek is alright by me.
And now, dear readers, here is my shopping list:
Love your geek...

1 comment:

ThinkGeek said...

Thanks for such kind words! We're here to help fix things, after all, and regardless of the tone of your original post, we're glad you wrote it--otherwise we might not have known about the trouble you had. Thanks again for giving us another shot! :)