CSS tutorials

How to be a DataNinja


darkpixel
Originally uploaded by revraikes.
First, you could join my channel, #DataNinjas, on Jaiku. It's a start (you can use it with your cell phone), but if you don't have a lot of other resources going on the web, you will only be using a fraction of its resources.

My website's latest incarnation has about 90% of it's content hosted elsewhere. I use Flickr for my images, Youtube & Stickam for my video, iJigg for my music, Switchpod for my podcasts, Blogger for my words, del.icio.us for my links, and Tumblr brings it all together on my front page.

Jaiku also brings in many of your feeds from various sites and similar posts of the people you want to stay in contact with. This can show up on your phone if you just can't wait to get back to the office.

But these resources are about more than just being a social butterfly. Like I said, I'm using them to give me a leg up on my site. I am a little more advanced than the average user, but you don't have to be a digi.talking fool to take advantage of this stuff. Most of the sites spit out the html, javascript, etc. code for you to plant your original creations wherever you can find purchase.

This all means that you can have a totally lite set of pages that pull bits in from all over the web. So, if you thought you could never have your own site, be it a vanity page or a business showcase, you're pleasantly wrong. If you have a friend with space on a server or your company is friendly with a larger company with servers, you could ask to have a small folder on their server-space and not impact their bandwidth/storage in the least.

No comments: