CSS tutorials

Grunge Dies a New Death

And, it takes down a current generation down with it in it's wash. I'm speaking of the demise of the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle. I'm not the 1st to write about this, but I may be to ask why a possible millionaire like Peter Buck (co-owner) is too broke to bail the club out. I mean if one of the guys from R.E.M. is broke, we're all in trouble.

The thing is, this place isn't some dinosaur, has-been flop-house. Bands like Deathcab for Cutie and the Decemberists (on the schedule for late Jan.) are connected to this institution of subculture. Not to mention it's about the only place that my friends play when they come from Chicago, New Mexico, etc.
(see Kelly Hogan, Grave of Nobody's Darling)


But, back to the ascendant rockstars that have passed through the doors. They can't show no love? Step up has-beens. Be cool to your school and help the new kids retain their rite of passage.

No comments: