CSS tutorials

Leveraging... Part 2 - Webmetrix


modularcity
Originally uploaded by revraikes.
Cont'd from Leveraging the Power of Social Networks for Fame & Fortune

So, the URL shortening service I mentioned allows a person/org. to create an account whereby they can monitor the number of clicks & location/platform/browser of users for their links. You don't have to sign up for a one-off short URL, but it can be fun if only for curiosity-sake.

If you don't like tr.im, which is kind of laggy, search around for others. There are plenty. I found out about that particular site from a tutorial by AnneMarie Concepcion. That tutorial, I must say, caused me to start being more active in the metaverse, something that I had been using as more of a distraction (which is great, too) than a communication tool or PR vehicle.

Another tool I was using to see where I stand was a service called Klout. I'm at 10 (out of 100) right now. I was 6 last week and 17 before that. The readings may be spurious, as my points went up just for joining Klout. My posting is too sporadic to accurately say, as wel. It is another system by which to measure your reach, so I take it with a grain of salt.

Of course you could always ask. One of the things that Klout keeps nagging me to do is engage my "audience" (a.k.a. friends, stranger-friends or plain-old weirdos) more. That's really the gold of that site: not only giving pointers but reminding you about the need to interact. More to the point, you have to remember that there are people on the other end of that screen catching the wave you are sending around the globe.

Continue to Part 3=>

No comments: