CSS tutorials

Agent::Super Lazy

O.K., maybe I'm not super-lazy - I at least try to keep up appearances, learn some code and apply it.
(Also, 'super' would mean that I excel at something)

What I'm talking about is my lack of desire to learn AJAX (asynchronous javascript and XML) or mess around with installing any PHP junk on my webserver. And, by that highly jargon-laden bit, I mean to talk about the piece of javascript of code I use to display my blog on my website.

I was using a service that wasn't very malleable or reliable to pull in my blog's RSS feed and assemble it in an HTML format that would look sorta nice. I just happened to check my site and noticed they stopped doing it - boom, out of the blue.

After doing yet another search for a service that looked something other than awful, while entertaining the notion that I might have to buckle down and learn something, I found FeedSweep (it's free to register). And all was wonderful in the world again.

After playing with it a bit, I found that it allows for almost complete customization (with a couple of reasonable quirks) using CSS! Man, they saved my bacon. Anyway, I hope you like the new look if you are reading this from my main site and that this has helped at least one code-junkie/blog-meister somewhere.

No comments: